Role and Responsibilities
Who We Are:
- CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by revolutionizing our customers' training and critical operations with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency and readiness.
- CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAE's Defense and Security business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
- CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the world while helping each other succeed.
What We Have to Offer:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility that promotes work-life balance
- A work environment where all employees are valued, respected and safe
- Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take initiatives and make decisions
- Recognition, professional development, advancement and having fun!
The Proposal Coordinator cross-functionally collaborates and supports CAE USA's business operations and all aspects of proposal planning and logistics. This position assists in evaluation of opportunities and is accountable for ensuring all proposals comply with requirements specified in the customers' requests for proposal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist proposal managers in providing day-to-day supervision of the proposal process as they plan and build high quality, winning responses to requests for proposals.
- Work collaboratively with a wide range of personnel, including proposal managers, technical and business subject matter experts, editors, capture managers, contracts managers, and subcontractors' partners to facilitate efficient and effective proposal development.
- Read and interpret solicitation requirements (RFP, RFI, etc.) to ensure compliance with proposal deliverables, structure of the response, conventions, bid particulars and other submission requirements.
- Assist the Proposal Manager in developing, maintaining, and ensuring deadlines for proposal schedules, outlines, assignments, stoplight charts, plans, and support/schedule meetings
- Troubleshoot, develop, and implement new operating practices and processes.
- Develop and maintain a responsibility matrix and on-going action item log. Receive and send materials and coordinate the deadlines and materials needed with the proposal team and subcontractors.
- Coordinate/schedule meetings, conference calls, data calls, and provide email notifications and updates to proposal team and subcontractors.
- Establish and maintain files (electronic and hardcopy) by setting up directories on SharePoint or the Proposal Drive and review stored files for organization and applicability.
- Create, populate, and maintain library/repository of standard proposal tools.
- Coordinate, manage and maintain configuration control of formatting, editing, and creation of graphics, covers, and spines, and leads all proposal production efforts.
- Manage/coordinate responses to some RFI/White Paper submissions without extensive guidance.
- Perform desktop publishing utilizing styles, master slides, etc. in Word and PowerPoint along with copying and distribution support
- Perform other coordination assignments in support of direct contracts, marketing communications or other CAE USA documents.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or combination of education and equivalent work experience with 5 to 10 years in a related field.
- Understanding of documentation processes and proposal development processes.
- Knowledge of document management
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Project, and Acrobat; and the ability to learn and proficiently operate critical chain software.
- Proficiency with SharePoint.
- Strong teamwork, flexibility, organizational skills, and ability to apply critical thinking.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, detailed oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with good presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work with a diverse team, including multiple levels of management and peers.
- Ability to reason, plan, direct, conduct and evaluate situations to make appropriate recommendations and take actions beneficial to the program and the company as a whole.
- Experience in development of graphics utilizing PowerPoint.
- Must display tact and self-discipline necessary to interface effectively with customers, all levels of management, employees and the general public.
- Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role.
- Relevant experience related to Federal/DoD and/or Commercial bid and proposal development preferred; aerospace, modeling and simulation experience is highly preferred.
Must complywith all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to handle essential duties and responsibilities worldwide.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work overtime and a flexible schedule as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.