In response to steady growth within GHD's Water practice, our Southeast Region Water group is looking to bring onboard a motivated Technical Director/Program Manager to help with the continued development and growth of our Florida Water Business. In this role, you will lead business development and client service efforts as well as providing leadership and delivery of major Water, Wastewater and Linear infrastructure projects for our clients throughout the State.
Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
- Perform business development, sales and marketing, with a specific focus on Florida clients.
- Management of projects related to the planning, design and construction of water and wastewater infrastructure and linear infrastructure and pumping systems.
- Perform and direct the technical and production work of the project team, administering contractual aspects of the project, and acting as primary client contact
- Oversee the development of project delivery strategy and project management planning, QA plan, securing resources, establishing work briefs and budgets
- Recruitment of new staff and growing a team to address both technical and business growth needs
- Lead business development and marketing strategies specific to the Florida area.
- Develop pricing, scoping and win strategies for new work
- Mentor team members and assess work assignments; provide direction and training as needed to team members
- Conducts work to appropriate professional standards and to the firm's QA/QC requirements. Participates in QA/QC programs for other projects as requested by managers.
- Oversee the preparation of design computations and opinions of probable construction cost
- Preparation of reports, specifications, drawings, construction schedules, and permits for water resource and storm water design projects
- Direct team of discipline leads for the development of design and construction documents
- Collaborate with the Regional Market Leader and Service Line Leaders within and outside the Region on work sharing and business development
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Civil, Environmental Engineering or related field(s)
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Florida and/or local area (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- Minimum 12 to 15 years of experience in planning, design and construction of water / wastewater and stormwater infrastructure with at least 5 years serving clients in Florida.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to develop, mentor and lead professional technical staff
- Strong business development, proposal preparation, and marketing skills
- Flexible and able to meet challenging deadlines
- A self-starter with sound judgment and decisiveness
- A standout colleague with a strong client focus