In response to steady growth within our Water/Wastewater business, our Southeast Region is looking to bring onboard a motivated Business Group Leader (BGL) to lead all aspects of the expansion of GHD municipal water treatment practice throughout the region. As BGL, you will provide leadership for pursuits of both traditional and alternative delivery projects for the public and private sectors. You will also provide technical leadership for the delivery of major water treatment projects for our clients throughout the Southeast.
Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
- Lead business development, sales and marketing, with a specific focus on industrial and municipal drinking water clients in the Southeast Region of the U.S.
- Project Directorship and/or Management of projects related to master plans and assessments, water treatment design
- Build and foster effective relationships with key clients
- Direct the technical and production work of project teams, administering contractual aspects of the project, and acting as point of contact for client
- Work with project directors, project managers and project teams to improve job delivery skills within Business Group
- Direct pricing, scoping and win strategies for new work
- Collaborate with Market Leaders, Service Line Leaders and Project Managers within and outside the Region on work sharing and business development
- Develop and mentor senior leadership within the Business Group
- Develop and implement the Group Annual Business Plan
- Development of job/scope of work packages, budgets, and progress
- Coordinate the allocation of people to projects in agreement with the Project Manager
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of experience in planning, design and construction of water treatment process infrastructure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to develop, mentor and lead professional technical staff
- Strong business development, proposal preparation, and marketing skills
- Flexible and able to meet challenging deadlines
- A self-starter with sound judgment and decisiveness
- A standout colleague with a strong client focus
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.