About the Job
We are seeking a mid-level professional to support environmental permitting and construction compliance services. This position will be based in Florida and possible travel throughout the U.S. (mainly East Coast) for project-related tasks, as necessary. This position will be a combination of office and field work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance in the preparation, organization, and production of environmental compliance reports to document compliance levels.
- Provide assistance in the preparation, organization, and production of environmental compliance management plans, permit applications, and other environmental documents to guide compliance implementation during the project lifecycle.
- Assisting with tracking environmental commitments to support the implementation of permit conditions on a variety of infrastructure construction projects.
- Attending project meetings and preparing meeting notes.
- Coordinating with developers, construction contractors, field personnel, and environmental resource specialists to ensure permit conditions are implemented during construction.
- Prepare entitlement packages, water permitting packages, technical reports, critical issues analysis and lead stakeholder outreach programs.
- Assisting with the preparation of bid documentation.
- Ability to perform wetland delineation and reporting
- Perform pre-construction wildlife surveys including those for nesting birds
- Perform site evaluations to support a Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments
- Complete baseline noise monitoring to support permitting and construction compliance programs
- Perform site inspections to ensure stormwater management measures are being implemented per project permit conditions
- Be okay with potential long days in hot weather
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, or other related field.
- Must demonstrate strong technical writing and research skills as well as solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of NEPA compliance, FDEP and USACE permitting, and NPDES regulations.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, in particular Word and Excel
- Self-motivated with an interest to learn and grow as a project team.
We provide a diversified mix of professional environmental planning, scientific, engineering, and construction support services to help clients plan, design, permit, and build projects related to developing infrastructure and managing natural resources. We are an employee-owned firm founded in 1980 with approximately 800 employees. The company has its headquarters in Encinitas and has 10 offices throughout California and offices in Oregon (Portland), Florida (Lake Worth Beach) and Hawaii (Honolulu).
COVID-19 Update: Protecting the health and safety of our communities is our highest priority. Please note that due to the federal government's recent Executive Order for federal contractors, Dudek has adopted a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions/accommodations based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.